7 april 2017
Video on the channels of influencers Jeand Doest and Séan Garnier
• Flyer of the WEURO schedule
The City of Rotterdam was one of the proud hosts of the Women’s EURO 2017. They have enabled us to make this known to the general public in an original way.
On 7 April, exactly 100 days before the start of the European Championship, we organized a guerilla activation in the ‘Koopgoot’ in the center of Rotterdam. In doing so, we completely surprised random bypassers with a unique experience the moment they touched a ball that we had laid down. From all sides suddenly came supporters, 2 goals, a referee and the best street football players in the world. They ended up in the middle of a 1 against 1 match against one of those street football players and the moment he or she got a panna it was GAME OVER!
At that moment everyone walked away as if nothing had happened and a large banner of WEURO 2017 came down. Both the participants and the audience were stunned and loved the experience. We recorded this unique activation so we could create the largest possible online awareness for Rotterdam.
- More than 500,000 views on various online channels within 1 week
- More than 1 million views to date
- Items on a large number of platforms such as AD, RTV Rijnmond and Vrouwenvoetbalnieuws
- Unique experience for both public and ‘participant’
- Extra support Dutch Lionesses